Let’s face it: no one likes those dark circles around the eyes. Don’t you just hate it how they make you look like you haven’t slept in days? How they make you look like a zombie almost? Then it’s time to take action. Just follow our lead!
First thing’s first: getting rid of those dark rings under the eyes starts with…
#1: Sleeping Habits & The Dark Circles Around the Eyes
Step one of never seeing dark circles around the eyes again is all about thinking twice about your sleeping habits. And I hate to sound cliché, but it’s not a cliché if it’s true: if you wake up one day, look in the mirror, and see some dark circles around the eyes looking right back at ya, then chances are that your sleeping habits might need a little bit of fine-tuning.
And, no, the answer to dark rings under the eyes is not “just” sleep more. There are a couple of things you should pay attention to, actually:
1) Literally start seeing the times you go to sleep and wake up as bad habits. If you go to bed at 11 P.M. one day, then at 4 AM the next day, and at midnight the day after that… don’t think your body will keep up with you. It won’t. Pick a time to go to bed, try to not deviate from it and, when you do, don’t deviate from it for more than two hours. Example: go to bed at midnight and if it’s later than that, don’t make it any later than 2 A.M. This will help your body recover. The sensitive and thin skin around the eyes is the first thing which will reveal bad sleeping habits.
2) The cliché thing to say must be said here: try to sleep for at least 7 hours every night. Some people need more than that (8 hours) and others need way less (only 4 or 5 hours), but 7 hours is the minimum for most.
3) I think those dark circles around the eyes will agree with me when I say: going to bed means sleeping… not checking your phone for half an hour once you’ve gone to bed! The artificial light of your phone can actually trick your brain into thinking it’s day time and confuse your internal clock (which regulates when you should and shouldn’t feel sleepy).
#2: Boost the Quality of Your Sleep and “Chill Out” Time
Another way of combating dark circles around the eyes is by improving the quality of your sleep and of your relaxation time. That’s what step 2 of this action plan is all about. Here are a couple of tips to help you sleep better and relax more:
– Don’t watch TV, play video games or watch your computer screen an hour before you go to bed. As said before, artificial light can confuse your internal clock and trick your brain into thinking you’re not tired yet and that can lead to you having a hard time falling asleep. By avoiding the TV and other devices before you go to bed, you tend to get sleepy before you’re in your bed. That’s what you want, because it makes you fall asleep real quick when you go to bed and it prevents dark rings under the eyes because of it.
– Spend more time outside during daylight and/or let as much light into your home or workplace as you can. This stimulates your natural sleep-wake cycle.
– Learn more about how to manage stress. Even though you’re not doing anything, sufficient levels of stress can still prevent you from truly relaxing after a long day. Winding down with a favorite hobby or working out can help you channel your frustrations, which makes you relax more and that, in turn, lets you sleep way better than before.
As you can see: there are a lot of different ways to help you get rid of those horrible looking dark circles around the eyes and even more are on the way!
#3: An Eye Cream For Dark Circles Around the Eyes
Once you’ve followed step 1 and step 2 and are sleeping and relaxing a little better, it’s time to turn your self-improvement efforts into a triple threat thanks to step number 3 for banning dark circles from your life.
We, over here at Silk Bee, have created a fantastic natural eye cream which nourishes and protects the fragile eye area of the skin.
Our natural eye cream will moisturize the under eye skin and make it more firm so you won’t see those dark rings under the eyes anymore. Make sure you give it a try.
By following these three steps you’ll make sure those dark circles around the eyes go away AND you’ll prevent them from coming back in the future.
And last but not least: please leave a comment if you have any questions about the sensitive skin under and around the eyes.
P.S. Would you like to try our all natural skin care products before you buy? You can! Request a free sample here. We’ll send it to you for free.